Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 400th goal since turning 30 with a superb opening strike in Al Nassr’s 2-0 win over Al Khaleej in the Saudi Pro League on Saturday.
Ronaldo, 38, picked up the ball on the edge of the penalty area in the 26th minute and turned his marker, who was left on the floor after the Portugal forward then faked to shoot.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star took a touch to set himself before firing the ball into the roof of the net from just outside the penalty arc.
He’s done it again
— AlNassr FC (@AlNassrFC_EN)
It was Ronaldo’s 12th league goal this season, which puts him top of the standings ahead of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who joined Al Hilal from Fulham during August.
Al Nassr had earlier seen a g…
Former Borussia Dortmund coach Matthias Sammer has described the club s players as immature after their shock 2-1 Bundesliga defeat to Augsburg on Friday.
The loss means reigning champions Bayern Munich can move level on points with Dortmund at the league summit if they beat Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday.
Lucien Favre s side have now won just once in their last five games and Sammer has warned Dortmund s players that they need to change their mentality swiftly if they are to win a first Bundesliga title since 2012.
Because they have already been German champions, there are expectations on Dortmund, the 51-year-old told Eurosport.
But they are immature. The game was decided in the head. You have seen for a while now that they do not know what to…
According to a recent report from Marca, there are a series of clubs believed to be interested in signing Thomas Partey. The 25 year old has been with Atletico Madrid since 2012, joining the senior team three years later in 2015. He is also a Ghana international, and has been turning heads for quite some time now at the highest level.
The reason that there is so much interest right now is because it was recently revealed that he has a £43 million buyout clause. That’s the kind of figure that many top clubs around Europe are capable of paying, with offers being set to come in from both Italy and England.
Atletico have always made it known that they’ll try and keep hold of their biggest stars by any means necessary, but they may not have a choice in this one – espe…
AC Milan head coach Gennaro Gattuso admitted he ate a live snail before the club s 2010 Champions League last-16 clash against Manchester United to ease tension within the squad.
Gattuso s Milan are preparing for Wednesday s Coppa Italia final against Serie A champions Juventus and talk of the 40-year-old s antics during his playing days emerged.
Andrea Pirlo revealed Gattuso had eaten a snail and asked whether his former team-mate s statement was true, the Milan boss shared the bizarre story.
I ve done worse things than eating a snail alive, Gattuso told reporters on Tuesday. The point is, it was not about the snail anyway.
I m saying this because my point is that in that particular moment there was need to do something to break the tension.
G…
According to a recent report from Gazzetta dello Sport, Italian side Lazio are considering the possibility of a late move for Andre Ayew from Swansea City. Before now they had ruled out the possibility of making any more signings, but now, it appears as if they’re willing to do a U-turn on that.
The 29 year old winger has had two spells with Swansea, dating back to 2015. He spent last season out on loan with Fenerbahce, but now, it seems as if he’s ready to re-enter the big time in European football.
Lazio were able to make a winning start to their Serie A campaign with a convincing win over Sampdoria, but now, the question is whether or not they’re able to sustain that momentum.
There are a lot of high quality teams littered across the top tier of Italian…
Gareth Bale is not thinking of a return to the Premier League from Real Madrid, according to his agent, Jonathan Barnett.
Wales star Bale has been linked with a move back to England during a difficult sixth season in the Spanish capital.
The 29-year-old, who has scored 14 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions in 2018-19, was jeered by some fans during last week s unconvincing 2-1 LaLiga win over Eibar.
Zinedine Zidane, who returned as head coach last month, has so far been guarded on Bale s long-term future and refused to offer any guarantees that he will form part of his plans next term.
However, Barnett insists Bale does not want to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.
Nothing better than a late winner!
— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) …
The celebrations won t be confined to the streets of Dakar on Tuesday night, the African continent will also raise a glass to Aliou Cisse and the Lions of Teranga.
Senegal arrived in Moscow painfully aware they represented the final chance for an African side to claim a win in the first round of World Cup matches after defeats for Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria and Tunisia.
It was a challenge they took up with gusto.
Once Idrissa Gueye opened up a cagey first half-hour with a shot that hit Michal Pazdan and Thiago Cionek before wrongfooting Poland goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny, there seemed little doubt as to where the points were heading.
Mbaye Niang added a controversial second, running straight from the touchline, having been ushered back on after injury, to b…
Tanguy Ndombele scored a sensational debut goal as Tottenham came from behind to beat Premier League new boys Aston Villa 3-1 thanks to Harry Kane s late double.
John McGinn s ninth-minute goal seemed set to mark Villa s return to the top flight in style, with Champions League finalists Spurs – playing without the benched Christian Eriksen for over an hour – struggling to break down Dean Smith s side.
Eriksen s introduction sparked urgency into Tottenham s attack and, after Tom Heaton had made a fantastic stop to deny Davinson Sanchez, Ndombele slammed home a brilliant equaliser at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Another terrific Heaton stop kept Eriksen at bay, but Villa s resistance was ended when Kane capitalised on a mistake from Jack Grealish before ex…
Egypt have waited over 30 years for a victory over Morocco, a run they are desperate to end in Sunday s Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final in Port-Gentil.
The Pharaohs have won the competition on each of their last three appearances, in 2006, 2008 and 2010, and hold the overall record of seven titles.
Egypt did not qualify for the following three editions following that famous hat-trick, but Hector Cuper s men finally broke that duck by reaching this tournament.
And after impressively beating Ghana to first place in Group D, the pressure is on to delivery glory.
However, Egypt have not beaten Morocco since March 1986 and now come up against AFCON specialist Herve Renard.
Morocco came through the group stage for the first time in five attempts as…
Market: Shanghai Port win
Odds: 3/5 @
Looking to extend their stay at the top of the Super League standings, Shanghai Port. Will travel to the Jinan Olympic Sports Stadium when they meet Shandong on Saturday lunchtime.
Starting with the hosts, while Shandong might have secured a much-welcomed 2-0 victory away at Nantong Zhiyun on July 21st, Choi Kang-In’s men came crashing back down to earth last weekend. Eventually falling to a 1-0 loss at the hands of Henan Songshan Longmen, they have now registered just a single victory from any of their previous seven Super League appearances. Losing pace in the AFC Champions League chase and currently sat 12 points adrift of finding a route into the top-three, the Jinan-based outfit will certainly be bracing themselves fo…